Patients who require regular repeat medication can obtain a repeat prescription without needing to make an appointment to see the doctor. This can be done in the following ways;
- Hand in the repeat prescription re order form to the practice. Providing it is received before 4.30pm in Tullibody and 5.00pm in Alva, the prescription will be ready for collection after 2.00pm, two working days later. There is a box in both reception areas for these forms, so you don’t need to wait at the desk.
- Repeat medication can also be ordered via the link on the home page of our web page. You must be registered for Patient Access to do this. Forms can be collected from reception.
- Many of the local Pharmacies will order and collect prescriptions and some will deliver if you are unable to get to the pharmacy.
- Alternatively, the reorder form can be posted to the surgery with a stamped, addressed envelope for its return. Obviously, this will take a little longer to process due to it having to go via the post.
Please be aware that there are 2 types of prescription:
1. Repeat - Items that are on your re-order form and can be ordered by ticking the appropriate box
2. Special Request - Items that you may have had in the past acutely or been given by the GP at consultation
Any medication that is not on your repeat prescription re order form and is a special request will take 72 hours to be processed and has to be approved by the GP.
It is important that you don't run out of essential medicines and you should check which items are needed, especially before holiday periods and long weekends.
If you run out of your regular medicines and can't obtain a prescription , your local community pharmacy may be able to give you an urgent supply of repeat medication or refer you to your local NHS Out of Hours service